Cases UK is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Cases UK may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
We are registered under and comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
- We comply with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 when dealing with all data received from visitors to the site.
- We only hold the data necessary to offer services provided on our website.
- Data is only used for the purposes described in our entry on the Data Protection Register.
- We only hold personal data for as long as necessary. Once data is no longer needed it is deleted from our files.
- For administrative reasons email subscription data may be passed to and stored securely with third party service providers located outside the EEA (European Economic Area).
- We regularly email website news and information updates to those customers who have specifically subscribed to our email service. All subscription emails sent by us contain clear information on how to unsubscribe from our email service.
- We never sell, rent or exchange mailing lists.
- We may however share commercial and technical data with our partners where a customer has accessed and used our website via a site belonging to one of our partners. However, such information will also be subject to our partners' privacy policies.
- If you subscribe to our email service via a partner site, that partner may wish to send you details via email of other products and services, which may be of interest to you. However when you subscribe directly to our email service you will be asked whether or not you wish to receive such emails.
- In accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, we never send bulk unsolicited emails, (popularly known as Spam) to email addresses.
- We may send emails to existing customers or prospective customers who have enquired or registered with us, regarding products or services directly provided by us.
- All emails sent by us will be clearly marked as originating from us. All such emails will also include clear instructions on how to unsubscribe from our email service and any future emails. Such instructions will either include a link to a page to unsubscribe or a valid email address to which you should reply, with unsubscribe as the email subject heading.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on 25th May 2018. SAM Cases Limited would like to advise on what data we hold, how it is stored and how we use it.
- We do not hold any of your personal data, only data relating to your order (e-mail address, name and invoice/delivery details). These are the details provided by you and are necessary to enable us to fulfil the contractual obligations of sale between us.
- Any financial details provided to pay pro-forma invoices via credit card are destroyed immediately after payment has been authorised.
- SAM Cases Limited take your privacy seriously and will only use this data to administer your account and to provide details or information that you have expressly requested. The data is stored securely within our servers and is protected using up-to-date security software and IT protection which contain firewalls.
- Your data will be retained for 7 years after termination of our relationship, to comply with our statutory requirements.
- SAM Cases Limited will never disclose your data to any third party or sell or transfer our e-mail database.
We trust you understand and should you need any clarification please feel free to contact us at any time to find out what details we may have for you.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They are extremely common and many websites use them in order to improve your browsing experience. They allow the website to remember useful information such as what's in your shopping cart and whether you are currently logged in. Information provided by cookies can also help the website owner analyse your use of their website which is an important aspect of being able to provide you with a better user experience. Cookies stay active for differing lengths of time depending on their purpose.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Below is a summary of the cookies on this website:
|PHPSESSID||Functionality||This cookie is used to establish a user 'session ID' so that the site can recognise the same user clicking from page to page. Without this, every page would be treated as the first visit to the site, and any item added to the shopping basket would be instantly forgotten, making online shopping impossible.||On closing browser|
|BPSESSID||Functionality||This cookie enables users to be classed as 'returning' and, for convenience, retains the contents of a user's shopping basket. If the user signs in with an email address and password (which is encrypted), these login details are also saved so that they can remain logged in when returning. If the user signs out, their login details are removed from the cookie.||1 year|
|__stripe_mid||Functionality||This is set by payment provider Stripe to facilitate card payments on this website. Cookies allow Stripe to remember who you are so that payments can be processed without credit card details being stored on our servers.||1 year|
|__stripe_sid||Functionality||This cookie is also set by payment provider Stripe to facilitate card payments on this website.||30 minutes|
|TawkConnectionTime||Functionality||This cookie is set by TawkTo to allow the website to recognise the visitor so that the live chat functionality can be optimised.||On closing browser|
|tawkUUID||Functionality||This cookie is used by TawkTo to collect information about how users interact with the live chat function on the website.||180 days|
|_ga||Analytics||This cookie is used by Google Analytics to distinguish users and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form so that we can measure website usage.||2 years|
|_gat||Analytics||This cookie operates in conjunction with the _ga cookie to throttle the request rate.||10 min|
|_gid||Analytics||This cookie is used by Google Analytics to store and update a unique value for each page visited.||1 day|
|MUID||Analytics||This cookie is used by Microsoft Bing to distinguish users and visitor behaviour.||1 year|
|_uetsid||Analytics||This cookie is used by Microsoft Bing to gather anonymous information on how visitors are using our website.||1 day|
|_uetvid||Marketing||This cookie is used by Microsoft Bing to allow us to determine what ads should be shown that may be relevant to website users.||2 weeks|
|MR||Analytics||This cookie is used by the Microsoft Bing Advertising Network to gather anonymous information on how visitors are using our website.||7 days|
|fr||Marketing||This cookie is used by Facebook to enable ad delivery or retargeting.||3 months|
|_fbp||Marketing||This cookie is used by Facebook for event tracking and remarketing purposes.||3 months|
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Data aggregation, analytics and profile creation
We may analyse your browsing behaviour to draw inferences and create profiles about your personal preferences and behaviours. We may then use such information for the purposes described below;
Behavioural advertising and cross platform targeting
(a) Served by us
We may use your information (including profile data) to serve you with advertising, which is relevant to you, on our websites and the websites of third parties.
(b) Served by third parties on our websites
(c) Served by third parties on third party websites
We may provide your personal information (including profile data) to third parties who may then use it in combination with personal information that they have collected from you to serve you with relevant advertising on third party websites.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.